DIY Garter Leggings
I really wanted a pair of Garter leggings. I diddle daddled across the internet searching for where I can buy them.Finally, I came across The Boat People a vintage blog for clothes, accessories and the highlight of it all - Do It Yourself (DIY) tutorials! They had the Garter Leggings DIY post and I was sold. I bought fleece lined tights at Urban Outfitters for $20.00 and four suspender clips at Dollar store. In Total my projects cost less than $25.00
- Suspender Clips
- Sewing Machine
- Cotton Spandex Tights
- Put on the Tights and Pin your legging Half-way between your knee and hip.
- Take off the Tights and with a marking chalk make a line across the pin using a ruler.
- Cut the tights where you’ve marked.
- Mark and cut a slit to fit in the garter (suspender) clip, in the middle of your front and back legs
- Fold over the areas in which you will be sewing and pin to keep the fold in place (may be helpful to turn the tights inside out when about to sew)
See the video below of The Boat People